Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hikin n Bikin 2








Just a quick one.  I wanted to put this up before I forget, and run out of time.  Mitch, Ken and I hiked the sacred Bukansan last weekend.  It was a hot, multi-stage ascent.  we had to establish several base camps in order to acclimatize to the altitude changes.  At the end we made a feathered friend.  I'm not sure what Mitch's obsession with his butt is here, but it's there.   








The ascent to base camp alpha









Ascent to base camp Bravo










Ascent to base camp Charlie











Base camp Charlie
































I like this one because it reminds me of Star Wars.  Think about it for a minute and it will come to you.














Ascent to base camp Delta
















Ascent to base camp Echo

















Base Camp Echo
















Ascent to base camp Foxtrot










Out of breath at base camp Foxtrot before the final push.






































































































































































































































Our decent was a bit different from the ascent, which was much appreciated.





































I add this ad because the owner of Wildroses hired me to tutor his kid last week,  but the kid is at too basic a level for me to effectively teach him.  It would have been a fun gig, I liked the kid and the dad,  I just wasn't going to be a good tutor.  So I passed the gig off to someone who would be better.








No comments:

Post a Comment