Sunday, March 13, 2011

Settling in.

I was lucky enough to have a day off when I got here.  Just barely enough to sleep in, unpack and figure out where to get groceries..


Here's the apt...





the bathroom....



Because there's no shower stall,  the toilet paper gets its own little stainless spray shield.



The bike made it almost completely unscathed.  Only cosmetic damage.






LCI house.  Kangnam.  (my apt building)




It's good to have comfort food readily accessible.  



My new favorite hangout.  It's a Green Day themed bar.  But they have Leffe Blonde and Brune for $5! and it's only a half a block from my apt.  




"Bee bim bippity bop".   That's what I call it.  Jonathan can correct me here.  Fried egg on rice and veggies.




I like that sidewalks are also parking lots.  




You'll notice my school just behind the Harley boutique.


Big church near my school



I not sure whether Campbells soupe and Halls lozenges count as fancy food or not.  But what do I know.




Space is at a premium, just like you'd expect it to be.  No SUVs to be parked in this garage.



A good prank would be to put this box truck into the back of the minivan when nobody's looking.








WWJK?  who would jebus kick?





Pierce Brosnan,  the David Hasselhoff of S. Korea.  And I approve.





If that don't get you to the gym,  Nothing will.

Into the Subway.




I case of a chemical attack.... maybe 100 people on each subway platform will survive.  At least that's something.  

  

Apparently jumping in front of the subway trains was as popular in Korea as school shootings are in the U.S.   so they had to put glass walls between the passengers and the tracks.  



Full train...


Empty train.



I've seen several of these old guys wearing their USS ENTERPRISE COMMANDING OFFICER hats.  
I think they hand them out when you hit a certain age.



Subway bathroom soap.


No comments:

Post a Comment